Tuesday 8 November 2016

A November Surprise

“Would you like to come over?” Nora asked her boyfriend, Mark, over the phone. “I thought we could go out for a walk. It’s such a beautiful afternoon!”

After the walk they would carry up blankets to her roof and watch the stars while sipping mugs of hot chocolate, Nora imagined. It was a good thing they lived in warm California where the evening air would create just the right amount of coziness, without freezing them.

“I wish I could, but I still have a lot of work to get done.” Mark replied, dampening Nora’s fantasy.

For the past few weeks Mark had been distant, too busy to spend time with Nora the way he used to. She sighed. Maybe she would go on that walk alone. Then she would drop him a visit to see exactly what was going on.

A few hours later Nora stood outside Mark’s apartment determined to get to the bottom of this situation. She didn’t know what to expect. She certainly didn’t expect to see Mark’s ecstatic smile at her unexpected arrival. Was he expecting her?

Her eyes widened as she took in the glowing tea light candles, the smooth jazz softly playing in the background, and the lovely aroma from the kitchen.

Mark drew her close, “I love you, Nora. You are the most precious gift I could ever have. Will you marry me?” Nora smiled and nodded quickly, her eyes bright with emotion.

“How did you know I would come here tonight?” Nora looked up. Mark kissed her nose, “Let’s just say I know you well.”

When Mark slipped on the gorgeous diamond ring he whispered that he would never stop loving her. The diamond sparkled in the warm light of Mark’s apartment, a promise that true love was here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment